The Philippine Red Cross is all set for #SemanaSanta2019 deploying 2000 staff and volunteers and 150 ambulances nationwide to provide first aid assistance and to respond to any emergency cases that may arise.
“We put up our welfare desks in different strategic places to accommodate the travelers’ inquiries and concerns. These desks will be in operation for the entire holy week. Our goal is to make sure our countrymen are safe”, said PRC Chairman and CEO Richard Gordon.
PRC Chapters all over the country are on full alert. Various services offered are first aid, tracing assistance for people with missing companions or relatives, referral assistance and psychosocial support.
First aid stations, welfare desks, emergency vehicles and ambulances are positioned in 34 bus terminals, 42 major highways, 54 churches, 13 beach areas and 9 sea ports. There are also stations in parks, pilgrimage areas and other destinations.
In 2018, PRC helped a total of 8,844 people nationwide. PRC staff and volunteers were on duty to serve everyone who needed help.
For a peaceful voyage, these are the driving tips to ponder:
PRC’s 10 Road Safety Commitments:
I commit to:
1. Use a seatbelt / Child Car Seats
2. Wear a helmet on a motorcycle
3. Drive at a safe speed and distance suitable for the condition
4. Not drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs
5. Not use a mobile phone when driving
6. Be visible as a pedestrian or cyclist
7. Know and respect the highway codes
8. Maintain my vehicle in a good condition
9. Be licensed and trained for the vehicle drive
10. Know how to react in case of a crash
For emergency and any untoward incidents, contact our 24/7 Operations Center. Dial 143 or 790-23-00 for assistance.